Have you ever helped a total stranger? If so, how?
Q & A
Describe the difference between tithing and giving from abundance.
Read Out Loud (Proverbs 3:9-10 & Matthew 6:33)
- Though Proverbs 3:9-10 is an Old Testament passage, do you think it still applies to believers today? Why or Why not?
- What does it mean to honor the Lord with your wealth and with your “first fruits”?
- How does Proverbs 3:9-10 relate to Matthew 6:33?
Talk It Over
When giving God the tithe (10%), there are 3 Common Attitudes:
- “That’s Old Testament stuff so I don’t have to follow it.”
- “I do it but I don’t like it. And I wish I didn’t have to.”
- “I always give the tithe. Then I give more out of the overflow of my love for Him and all He’s done for me.”
Have you ever experienced people with these attitudes? Where would you say your attitude tends to be on this?
Work It Out
- When you purchase a new car, you receive guidance from an owner’s manual on how to get the most out of that car. How do you know how to get the most out of your finances?
- According to 2 Corinthians 9:6, how does your reaping and sowing affect the financial blessings you receive?
Pray It Through
Father God, you are the creator of all things. You give me all I have and all I have is yours. Help me to remember where my blessings come from. Give me guidance as I take care of the resources you’ve given me. Bring me to a place in my life where tithing and giving from abundance is a normal way of life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
This week, identify where you are on your financial journey with God and take the next step toward being a radical giver.
- Already a Tither – Give from abundance, above 10%. Give in secret.
- Becoming a Tither – Give 10% of your income regularly to the church.
- Consider the Claims of Christ – Read 2 Corinthians 9:7, Malachi 3:10, Leviticus 27:30
Daily Reading and Devotions
“For where you treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Bible Reading Plan
Our NEW Bible reading plan walks you through the entire New Testament over the course of a year. Reading through the Bible is a rewarding experience, and this plan can help you do it! If you miss a day don’t get discouraged, just get right back on track the next day. So, get ready for the incredible journey of reading through God’s, one day at a time!
Daily Devotional Verses
Our Daily Devotional Verses correspond to the current sermon series. Each verse is either highlighted in the sermon or focuses on the sermon’s overall subject matter. As you daily study the scriptures from our weekly sermons, you will go deeper in your understanding of God’s Word!
Day 1: Matthew 22:1-22, for devotional study: Proverbs 3:9-10
Day 2: Matthew 22:23-46, for devotional study: Matthew 6:31-33
Day 3: Matthew 23:1-22, for devotional study: 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Day 4: Matthew 23:23-39, for devotional study: Matthew 6:19-21
Day 5: Matthew 24:1-22, for devotional study: Mark 12:41-44
Day 6: Matthew 24:23-51, for devotional study: 1 Timothy 6:10
Day 7: Matthew 25:1-30, for devotional study: Matthew 6:24
Financial Peace University
This 10-week life-changing class taught by Dave Ramsey on video and the FPU teaching team will help you achieve your financial goals by showing
you the critical importance of having a budget AND sticking to it, teach you to eliminate debt, save for the future, and give like never before. You will be challenged and motivated to make a plan for your money and change your family tree forever.
Starting Wednesday, February 5, 6:30-8:30pm, Peoria Campus
Sign Up for this class on our Financial Peace University page. Financial Peace University class kits are available at Foundations Resource Center. Also ask about personal Financial Counselors available through this great program!!